Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Waterfalls

 

This quilt pattern is from the Vintage Legacies book published by Martingale, and designed by Carol Hopkins. She describes the pattern as imitating women's popular hairstyles during the Civil War era, long cascades of hair flowing down the back of the head.


My husband and I both love Civil War era quilts, so I let him choose the pattern this time, ensuring that he would like it when completed. The only fabrics purchased were for the setting triangles, sashing, and borders. Thanks to the ladies at Yankee Cloth in Wallingford for help in finding this beautiful navy print! I began this top just after Christmas 2020. (No visitors, so no decorating. Only the tree occupied by birds and a single ornament. And the Christmas star of course.) I finished the top at the end of January. 

This is another bed size quilt that I had to lay out on the living room floor, and move my sewing machine nearby. My chiropractor loves me.

No comments: