Thursday, April 8, 2021

Silhouette Stars

 I must have been going through a McCall's Quilting magazine when I saw this quilt on the very back page. It is part of McCall's “I Love This Quilt” series, and I found the pattern on line. I absolutely knew what fabrics I would use (they were ALL in my stash!) and with whom it would eventually live (can't say yet). The star appears to have flying geese units, but the designer, Gerri Robinson, planned the units differently.

I began this project in the Fall of 2018, and brought it with me on my personl annual winter quilt retreat in Florida 2019 and 2020. Of course, I had to return to Connecticut earlier than planned, so I continued sewing the blocks through the summer. I completed this quilt top on September 18, 2020. I recently bought a beautiful back, a delicate print that will look just lovely with the blocks. It sits in my overloaded closet waiting its turn to be quilted.


No comments: