Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 2021: The Pandemic Quilting Year in Review

 Coronavirus! COVID-19 testing! Masks! Social distancing (I hate that phrase)! Wash hands! Hand sanitizer! No traffic. No travel. No haircuts. No family holiday gatherings. No celebrating landmark birthdays. No hugging. Sadness for those families who lost someone dear. Parking lot pick ups at grocery store and library. Zoom quilt meetings.


My fully-stocked quilt studio has kept me busy and sane. I think I had two quilt shop visits. I bought some fabric online. I made a lot of quilt tops and signed up for two BOM's. I also listened to a lot of books while sewing, which resulted in more time spent sewing because I didn't want to “put the book down!”

And today we have Vaccines! Easter family gatherings! Hugging! Grandchildren! Travel! A long awaited round-trip road trip to California!!!

We all have our stories. Here are my pandemic quilt stories:

2 comments:

ByJane said...

Yay! A real blogger to read. Hope you're going to be faithful and consistent about this........

Barb said...

That's the hope!!!!