Friday, April 16, 2021

Romancing the Blues

 You know how when you see a quilt you like and think, hey, I have two drawers plus spillover of blue fabrics! I can do this! Designed by Monique Dillard of Open Gate Quilts, this lovely blue item was featured in the 2014 issue of the American Patchwork & Quilting Calendar. I put aside some beautiful fabrics and let them percolate until I was ready to make it. Well, turns out I didn't have ENOUGH of the main fabric put aside and had to think quickly. This project was going with me to Florida! So back to my drawers to find something that would work. I found “Jasmine” by Quilter's Only for Spring Industries, and “Beautiful Borders and Backgrounds” by Maywood Studios, fabrics I had been hoarding for years for just the right quilt. I began this project just before I flew to Florida in February 2020 and finished it after I had to come home early because...Covid.

I made this quilt entirely from my own stash. And isn't that the point?


Audiobook for this quilt:
The End of October by Lawrence Wright


No comments: