Thursday, April 8, 2021

Evelyn's Flower Baskets

This lovely basket pattern is pink and green. Yeah, yeah, it's well known that pink and green together are not my particular favorites. See my post about this at https://fabricoverload.blogspot.com/2010/09/peggys-quilts.html (September 18, 2010 post).

I saw this project, designed by Betsy Chuchian Designs, in the summer of 2019 I think, partially made at Yankee Cloth in Wallingford. It was hand-pieced and I immediately fell in love with it. I figured a hand-piecing project would be a good thing to work on while watching TV. When I have something to keep my hands busy I tend to stay awake longer. The pink and green fabrics were gorgeous, really clear colors that were very soothing. I bought the main green fabric and some pinks too.

I started cutting the pieces and sewing them during that fall, but put it away for other more tempting projects. It came with me to Florida in 2020 but again, had to come home early. So when I picked it up at home I had an epiphany. My time was short, the blocks were just taking too long to make, and I had soooo many projects to make. So I finished with my sewing machine and completed it on July 1, 2020.

Audiobooks for this quilt:

Zero Day (John Puller, #1) by David Baldacci (finished June 28)

A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #7) by Louise Penny (started listening June 29)

No comments: