Thursday, July 8, 2021

Winter Waves

As I was exploring area quilt shops in Port St. Lucie, Florida during my 2019 trip, I found Pam's Fabric Nook! I love exploring new (to me) quilt shops and Pam's was terrific. I found several prints I needed for a project, and fell in love with a sample quilt top of batik fabrics! Turns out the featured fabrics are part of the Hoffman Batiks Club, a monthly-featured-fabric fat-quarter pack. These blues were for the month of January's collection called “Frost.” Problem was there was not a pattern available for the sample quilt. I'm sure I could have figured it out but I found the pattern on line on allpeoplequilt.com (do you see an AP&Q theme here?) called “Roaring Waves.” I thought that interesting because the Frost fabrics had a winter theme with snowflakes!

I made this quilt top last winter in Florida. As I showed off the top via text, the husband of my quilting friend said he liked it! Hmmm. This became the couple's wedding anniversary quilt this year, and because they live by Long Island Sound, I named it “Winter Waves.”




Audiobook for this quilt:

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler


No comments: