Friday, July 9, 2021

Southern Comfort

During my Florida 2019 trip, I met a former work colleague and friend at the house she and her husband built when they retired. It was so beautifully decorated with dusty blues and grays that I immediately began planning a hostess/housewarming quilt for them.

Not long after returning to Connecticut, I found the perfect pattern in Quilting with Fons and Porter. I have two drawers of blues so I had a lot of fun choosing fabrics. The pattern consists of a block that has several names, Three and Six, also known as Double X. I gave the quilt a reproduction flavor, using “Regency Ballycastle 18th Century” (Moda) fabric for the sashing and inner border; the border fabric is “Garden Delights” from In the Beginning Fabrics; and the backing is a beautiful blue floral on a gray background called “The Blue and the Grey” c. 1860 (Windham Fabrics). The blocks and background are from my stash.

I had a hard time letting go of this quilt, but I know these folks will take good care of it.



Audiobooks for this quilt:

Becoming by Michele Obama

The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green


No comments: