Saturday, September 18, 2021

Stepping Stones

Did I mention that one of my favorite quilt shops in California is Candy's Quiltworks in Northridge? I got to know this shop because my daughter lived there. I have made a couple of quilts with fabrics from this shop after seeing samples in the store. Candy doesn't have a great online presence but she does have a Facebook page. The fact that she was located in my daughter's town was the best. When the store moved to within WALKING DISTANCE from her house – THAT was the best! But not long after that move my daughter moved away. However, I always make a visit whenever I am in the area.

Stepping Stones was one of those sample quilts you fall in love with instantly! Not just because of the pattern (which I found on the Moda website), but the fabrics made the design come alive for me. I do not know who designed this quilt, but the fabrics are Moda from a line by Kate Spain. Perhaps Ms. Spain designed it herself. The sample fabrics, Terrain, were not available so I picked up a similar line, Cuzco. I went wild with the backing. 






No comments: