Monday, June 11, 2018

Treasure Hunt, a Mystery Quilt


I just completed the binding on this lovely quilt (June 2018). I finished the top in spring of 2017. The mystery quilt, offered by Cotton and Chocolate of Thousand Oaks, California, actually began in the fall of 2016. I wasn't able to get the initial instructions or shop for fabric until January 2017 during our annual visit to daughter and family. 

I can usually pick fabric for a quilt pretty quickly, but choosing fabric for this project had me roaming around the quilt store over and over. I found myself returning to the batiks corner several times, so I gave in to the siren song of turquoise and green batiks that continued to call to me.

Most of the block units were made in Florida while vacationing at my sister's place on the west coast and I finished them up at home. I found the perfect backing by chance at Yankee Quilter in Seymour, CT. Treasure Hunt was a true treasure to construct, especially because I was celebrating my retirement. 


No comments: