Friday, February 26, 2010

Baby Quilts

I loved making this quilt! At the time this baby girl was due, I was so happy to be making something pink! The baby who got this quilt is a big girl now and still loving it. The pattern is Barristers Block, a bow to the Mom's profession.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This quilt was made for a friend at work when her granddaughter was born. This is the grandma's quilt, to be used only at grandma's house! My friend has been kind enough to unload her aunt's quilting fabric on me so I wanted to make her something special and old-fashioned. The pattern is straight out of American Patchwork & Quilting. Don't ask me the issue; I'm not going through the piles to find it!

The sashing and backing fabric are what pulled this together for me. And thankfully, it's mostly PINK! My friend tells me that when the kid knows when it's nap time, she cuddles up in it. Smart kid.


~ ~ ~ ~

It has been many years since I've made doll anything. My daughters are hovering around 30 and 40 now, so I was very happy to make this for another person at work. I made this cutie about 10 years ago. Thank you Riley for showing it off, even though you are way past the doll years!

I'm waiting on more electronic pictures from various owners and I'll have to scan some pictures, but at least I've got this baby quilt project going!

No comments: